Devil Ape Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Devil Ape Clan

European Mortal Kombat X Clan

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 186 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:51 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» [DA-Kombat-League] - Season #1
by llabslb Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 am

» I'm back?
by c0ki Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:15 pm

» first DevilApes Tournament
by Vjeekes Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 am

» how to beat Jacqui's handgun
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:07 am

» Social Media
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:04 am

» ANSHOXX (real name Yannis)
by Vjeekes Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 am

» Kung Lao HAT TRICK possible pressure?
by WamZlay Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 pm

» Matthias "Wam-Zlay
by WamZlay Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:42 pm

» DA Matchmaking Forum
by CountryPistol Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:03 pm

» Recruitment
by Vjeekes Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:58 am

» Proposed Tournament Strategy
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 am

» Newest New Guy
by llabslb Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 am

» Euro Kombat
by Vjeekes Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 am

» Starting up the forum | Covering Sub Zero
by llabslb Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm

» Hey!
by c0ki Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:36 pm

» Hii
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lexa's first tournament!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lexa's first tournament! Empty Lexa's first tournament! Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is a vid of lexa

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the end was awesome,great sportsmanship!

2Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Anonymous

SO CLOSE!

+1 for sitting there with a beer man.

Keep it up!

Pretty amazing you had 90 ppl participating btw.

3Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:44 am

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

good games Lexa ... keep it up :) you'll do better next time i'm sure

4Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Fri May 04, 2012 12:55 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

Good job Lexa :)

Seems like Lex isn't all too familiar with a Kano MU. In my experience, even a good Kano player is predictable and in general, Kano players are douches. This guy just majorly zoned and cannon balled, then moved in for the x-ray which Lexa managed to evade nicely both times. And this is the same crap tactic every other scrub who picks up Kano uses. So infuriating.

5Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

holdwolf wrote:Good job Lexa :)

Seems like Lex isn't all too familiar with a Kano MU. In my experience, even a good Kano player is predictable and in general, Kano players are douches. This guy just majorly zoned and cannon balled, then moved in for the x-ray which Lexa managed to evade nicely both times. And this is the same crap tactic every other scrub who picks up Kano uses. So infuriating.

I'm a scrub now?

I kill you!

6Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Sat May 05, 2012 12:23 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

If you're playing Kano that way, then yes, you be a Kano scrub :p Imagine if I took Noob and just spammed shadows at full screen.

7Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Sat May 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

holdwolf wrote:If you're playing Kano that way, then yes, you be a Kano scrub :p Imagine if I took Noob and just spammed shadows at full screen.
both kano and noob are zoners...

8Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Sat May 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

Spamming shadows full screen doesnt win matches...

9Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Sun May 06, 2012 7:04 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

Qwark28 wrote:
holdwolf wrote:If you're playing Kano that way, then yes, you be a Kano scrub :p Imagine if I took Noob and just spammed shadows at full screen.

So are Kenshi and Ermac. Does that justify spam or does that mean that spam is non-existent and it's the way they're meant to be played?

10Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Sun May 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

holdwolf wrote:
Qwark28 wrote:

So are Kenshi and Ermac. Does that justify spam or does that mean that spam is non-existent and it's the way they're meant to be played?
whats ur definition of spam.

i find it a bit silly you complain about spam when u use mil n kitty.

11Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Sun May 06, 2012 10:58 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

Spam (gaming), the repetition of an in-game action - In fighting games, one form of spamming would be to execute the same offensive maneuver so many times in succession that one's opponent does not receive a chance to escape the series of blows.

Spamming in fighting games is very prevalent and it's use is just as controversial as other forms of spamming. Move spamming involves using the same move or set of moves repeatedly. Usually these moves have high damage and/or speed and can be difficult to block. Move spamming allows a player to inflict high damage with little effort and prevents the opponent from getting into a good footing to attack.

And so on. There's even a part there which justifies it. :)

It is interesting you would defend spam, considering what you do with Shang and Cage ^______^

To be perfectly honest, does spam sound like a honest way to win a match?

12Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Mon May 07, 2012 1:17 am

Anonymous

holdwolf wrote:

I'll join this lovely discussion, although I have absolutely nothing to do with it :p

Spam is boring, spam is lame, but spam is perfectly honest. If I lose against a "spammer" I can get frustrated but, especially in MK, there should be a way to get around it.

I have really grown tired of the spam argument. If I lose to a Noob Saibot that just spams his shadows, it's definitely my fault. And if I keep losing to it, why would Noob stop doing it? It's the don't hate the player, hate the game discussion all over again.

Lag pretty much destroys my arguments unfortunately, but that's not the game or the player's fault :p

13Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Mon May 07, 2012 2:08 am

holdwolf

holdwolf

It's not that spam is a huge unsolvable problem; I'm just saying that I cannot show any respect for a player's skills if he's using his character (Kano in particular in this discussion) in such a fashion. :)

14Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Mon May 07, 2012 4:57 am

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

No char or player can truly spam IF the other knows the matchup and can get around 'spam' with good reads that lead to punishes. If Noob or Kano are locking you down full screen with projectiles and you cant do anything about it, you deserve the loss buddy... Vs Mil they shouldnt be able to zone freely since they have to respect your telekick and roll. If Kano wants to throw knives all game just hit him with tele once and they respect it so would only zone in a more calculating manner, same vs Noob.
The thing about Noob, play a midscreen mindgame, he cannot throw shadows freely as a jip blows him up if opp reads it, also a misread upknee leads to a roll into punish. I had big problems vs a Mil who plays midscreen vs Noob, she can fake a jump in by cancelling to air sai to draw upknee then rolls to punish my whiffed upknee... Try it!

15Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Mon May 07, 2012 12:15 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

No, no, no, Loog :/ It's not the projectiles, dude. I don't really have a problem with projectile spam, not with Mil; you can't pull that with her. It's the Kano ball. And NS isn't a tough match-up, though granted, I haven't really fought many good Noobs. I think I remember you saying Madzin has a really good one; I should fight him. But no, guys - what I'm saying is that I just can't believe there are players who use Kano only to throw knives, do up-balls, duck and uppercut and when they have x-ray, run to use it and get 41% damage for basically doing nothing. Is that the way NRS intended Kano to be played? :/ Sure, his X-ray is a grab which makes it pretty much impossible to incorporate as part of a combo, but I guess that's why it's base damage is so freaking high. But Kano is so much more than doing the up-roll; he has a decent juggle and the balls provide good anti-air. It's the fact that most of these guys are so lame that they can't do any other ball save for up-ball which has the simplest input, yet they think they're invincible because they abuse Kano. That's what pisses me off. And I don't lose to these Kanos (at least not frequently, I lost 1 game out of 4 to this guy trimi90 who does exactly what I've described above - but he isn't the only one), but it's an exceedingly boring and frustrating match. It saps the fun out of the game.

16Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

Kano cannot zone Mil... Her d4 dodges the upball if you're close and he wants you off him.

17Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

I got balled while doing d4 :/

18Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Mon May 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

holdwolf wrote:Spam (gaming), the repetition of an in-game action - In fighting games, one form of spamming would be to execute the same offensive maneuver so many times in succession that one's opponent does not receive a chance to escape the series of blows.

Spamming in fighting games is very prevalent and it's use is just as controversial as other forms of spamming. Move spamming involves using the same move or set of moves repeatedly. Usually these moves have high damage and/or speed and can be difficult to block. Move spamming allows a player to inflict high damage with little effort and prevents the opponent from getting into a good footing to attack.

And so on. There's even a part there which justifies it. :)

It is interesting you would defend spam, considering what you do with Shang and Cage ^______^

If my opponent doesn't know the matchup he's gonna lose.

whoever spams by doing the same thing over and over loses because thats all they can do,if you cant get around an attack why should i change it if its working?

difficult to block?r2
good footing to attack?pokes
high damage?block
getting locked down?poke
start offense?poke

19Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Mon May 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

holdwolf wrote:I got balled while doing d4 :/
he said upball,theres no way that can hit you while d4ing,ever.

every single ball is punishable by +20% except upball,that can be poked for pressure or thrown for damage.

20Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

Then maybe it was that split second I was alternating from d4 to 42 that got caught in the ball - fine.

You're still not exactly making any point other than "Spam is justifiable if it works".

21Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Tue May 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

You have to hit confirm your pokes Wolf... If d4 hits upclose you can follow with 42, fron sweep it hits dont follow with 42 as they can outpoje you or jump out even fast special.
If d4 bloked, dont follow up autopilot...

22Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Tue May 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

holdwolf wrote:Then maybe it was that split second I was alternating from d4 to 42 that got caught in the ball - fine.

You're still not exactly making any point other than "Spam is justifiable if it works".
ill say it again,spam not effective if you know how to get around it,if you're getting spammed to death thats your fault as a player.

and excuse me but are you telling me that the fact that ill keep using the same strategy if my enemy doesnt know how to counter it is not enough?

23Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Tue May 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Vjeekes

Vjeekes
Wild Ape

Good games Lexyboy, lmfao seeing that beer ;-)

https://devilapes.forumotion.com

24Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Wed May 09, 2012 12:31 am

Shadow

Shadow
Wild Ape

Well played Lex, the online in you showed in the match though. You also weren't catching on that he didn't block low against QC's F2, 1 (?) Not sure if you can hit confirm it. You could have caught him in a combo a few times. What made you choose Quan? (If you even read the forums (: )

Are you guys talking about online spam or offline? There's a big difference between them.

I played a Kano player last night that of course played the way every Kano plays; knives, ball and 1 combo. Even though I knew how to get through the knives, I still got caught. Simply because it's online. Getting caught by the combo was my own fault, I kept forgetting it's a low starter. I always expect the same thing fighting Kano at full screen, throw a few knives, then they either wait for you to close in and ball, or they just ball randomly. I could swear I blocked before he got me with the ball, the game thought differently though.

Every character can spam in some way in this game. My definition of spam in this game is, using the same move repeatedly IF you don't know the game. It depends what you're aiming for by using it. You can say Kabal zoning is 'spam.' I see it as zoning and just to check how my opponent deals with it. If they can't get through, why should I stop? Dick move, maybe, but we all play to win.

I've seen Wolf use Mileena Sais over and over, Qwark use Sub ice balls/Shang skulls over and over, Loog use Noob shadows, 57012 Reptile dash spam. What's considered spam and what's considered smart play?

25Lexa's first tournament! Empty Re: Lexa's first tournament! Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

Shadow wrote:Well played Lex, the online in you showed in the match though. You also weren't catching on that he didn't block low against QC's F2, 1 (?) Not sure if you can hit confirm it. You could have caught him in a combo a few times. What made you choose Quan? (If you even read the forums (: )

Are you guys talking about online spam or offline? There's a big difference between them.

I played a Kano player last night that of course played the way every Kano plays; knives, ball and 1 combo. Even though I knew how to get through the knives, I still got caught. Simply because it's online. Getting caught by the combo was my own fault, I kept forgetting it's a low starter. I always expect the same thing fighting Kano at full screen, throw a few knives, then they either wait for you to close in and ball, or they just ball randomly. I could swear I blocked before he got me with the ball, the game thought differently though.

Every character can spam in some way in this game. My definition of spam in this game is, using the same move repeatedly IF you don't know the game. It depends what you're aiming for by using it. You can say Kabal zoning is 'spam.' I see it as zoning and just to check how my opponent deals with it. If they can't get through, why should I stop? Dick move, maybe, but we all play to win.

I've seen Wolf use Mileena Sais over and over, Qwark use Sub ice balls/Shang skulls over and over, Loog use Noob shadows, 57012 Reptile dash spam. What's considered spam and what's considered smart play?
basically he couldv'e hit confirm f12 trance then start the rune trap.

winning moves aint dick moves,you're playing to win,if your opps can't deal with it there's no reason why not to do it,people complaining about spam are the ones who cant get around it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum