Devil Ape Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Devil Ape Clan

European Mortal Kombat X Clan

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 186 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:51 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» [DA-Kombat-League] - Season #1
by llabslb Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 am

» I'm back?
by c0ki Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:15 pm

» first DevilApes Tournament
by Vjeekes Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 am

» how to beat Jacqui's handgun
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:07 am

» Social Media
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:04 am

» ANSHOXX (real name Yannis)
by Vjeekes Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 am

» Kung Lao HAT TRICK possible pressure?
by WamZlay Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 pm

» Matthias "Wam-Zlay
by WamZlay Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:42 pm

» DA Matchmaking Forum
by CountryPistol Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:03 pm

» Recruitment
by Vjeekes Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:58 am

» Proposed Tournament Strategy
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 am

» Newest New Guy
by llabslb Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 am

» Euro Kombat
by Vjeekes Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 am

» Starting up the forum | Covering Sub Zero
by llabslb Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm

» Hey!
by c0ki Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:36 pm

» Hii
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mileena's pokes are a nightmare

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Shadow

Shadow
Wild Ape

Her D4 is neutral on block, but I can NEVER attack her after a blocked D4. She can just D4 for days and I can't do anything. I understand there's pushback, but if she D4's up close, I should get at least a free poke back after blocking it, but never do, I just receive another D4. Her D3 is -8 on block but I can't do anything about that either. Am I just being really dumb here? Or is this an online thing?

2Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:28 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

LOL, I say. This is such a minor thing, Shadow. It's not like D4 can lead into a combo or a crazy pressure string. The remedy is simple: you get D4 once, you blocked it, it pushed you back, jump, jump, jump and go for a JIK. JIP won't work obviously, but JIK will. With Kabal you could maybe JIK into ND. When you jump, most Mil's will be stupid enough (including me) to continue to d4 you, hoping they'll AA you.

I know this works; I've had it done to me dozens of times - and a day ago by BoP_Jade rather consistently, even through a really laggy match.

All d4 can be is annoying, not dangerous. Besides; using Kabal and his utterly nerf-worthy NDC pressure strings, you ought to expect a lot of different pokes from people. There's no other way to survive it. At least Skarlet's shit can be crossed over at the right time.

3Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Shadow

Shadow
Wild Ape

D4 can probably be HC into a roll or tele if they see me jump. With Kabal I think I should get a free F4 after a blocked poke, could be wrong. Again, jumping at you with a JIK is stupid, I can be AA'd. She has so much advantage, I don't know if it's an online thing or not, but pretty much everything she does has advantage, at least that's what it feels like. Maybe I'm just not poking at the right time.

Have you even tried using Kabal? Do it. Use him. Then you'll see just how hard (at first) he is to use. His strings can be poked out of just like everybody else, the problem is nobody knows when, so they just complain about it. There's another guy I play, he always pokes out of my dash cancels, I can't get more than 2 dash cancel strings out before I'm poked out.

But anyway, I know it sounds like I'm just complaining about Mileena and crappy online, but I'm really not.

4Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:03 am

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

holdwolf wrote:LOL, I say. This is such a minor thing, Shadow. It's not like D4 can lead into a combo or a crazy pressure string. The remedy is simple: you get D4 once, you blocked it, it pushed you back, jump, jump, jump and go for a JIK. JIP won't work obviously, but JIK will. With Kabal you could maybe JIK into ND. When you jump, most Mil's will be stupid enough (including me) to continue to d4 you, hoping they'll AA you.

I know this works; I've had it done to me dozens of times - and a day ago by BoP_Jade rather consistently, even through a really laggy match.

All d4 can be is annoying, not dangerous. Besides; using Kabal and his utterly nerf-worthy NDC pressure strings, you ought to expect a lot of different pokes from people. There's no other way to survive it. At least Skarlet's shit can be crossed over at the right time.
good idea,jump kick and get rolled for full combo

5Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:15 am

Shadow

Shadow
Wild Ape

Qwark28 wrote:good idea,jump kick and get rolled for full combo

I kinda already said that.

6Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:27 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

Not if you crossover jump. The worst she can do is roll away. Until she starts to respect it, I'm guessing you won't get rolled.

7Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

Shadow wrote:
Qwark28 wrote:good idea,jump kick and get rolled for full combo

I kinda already said that.
no,you said HC d4 to roll.

8Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

holdwolf wrote:Not if you crossover jump. The worst she can do is roll away. Until she starts to respect it, I'm guessing you won't get rolled.

No,all it takes is to simply reverse inputs.

also how are you gonna crossover jik when her d4 hits at sweep distance?

9Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:50 pm

holdwolf

holdwolf

It can be a weakness or it can be a strength that you view absolutely every opponent you encounter as a pro player. How many Mileenas have you faced which consistently do reverse inputs on reaction? Give me a break, Qwark. Not everyone's Pig of the Hut. Besides; Shadow's having trouble with the poke online whereas he may not find is a problematic offline. So here's a stupidly simple online way of handling it.

The crossover JIK won't hit, but it will evade the d4. The second JIK will hit. Try it.

10Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

holdwolf wrote:It can be a weakness or it can be a strength that you view absolutely every opponent you encounter as a pro player. How many Mileenas have you faced which consistently do reverse inputs on reaction? Give me a break, Qwark. Not everyone's Pig of the Hut. Besides; Shadow's having trouble with the poke online whereas he may not find is a problematic offline. So here's a stupidly simple online way of handling it.

The crossover JIK won't hit, but it will evade the d4. The second JIK will hit. Try it.
Yet if i hadn't posted that a high lvl mileena could've done it to him,we're not talking about non pro's specifically either.

i reverse inputs on reaction,so can you,it's really not that difficult,play a lil kenshi and you'll get used to it.

11Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Shadow

Shadow
Wild Ape

Qwark28 wrote:no,you said HC d4 to roll.

To quote myself...

Shadow wrote:Again, jumping at you with a JIK is stupid, I can be AA'd.

Holdwolf wrote:It can be a weakness or it can be a strength that you view absolutely every opponent you encounter as a pro player. How many Mileenas have you faced which consistently do reverse inputs on reaction? Give me a break, Qwark. Not everyone's Pig of the Hut. Besides; Shadow's having trouble with the poke online whereas he may not find is a problematic offline. So here's a stupidly simple online way of handling it.

And players won't adapt to this? Once I've done it twice, I'll start being punished for it. I'm not going to jump at you after a poke, I try that all the time after being poked to death by other characters, never works out in my favour. Guess It's just an online thing.

12Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:42 pm

munem939

munem939
Going wild

Its not an online thing. I used her D4 many time offline and online and both seem to have a similar effect. But her D4 is pretty slow compared to others, like Kitana and Cage, so just jumping over would suffice in making a counter against it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/munem939

13Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Empty Re: Mileena's pokes are a nightmare Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

munem939 wrote:Its not an online thing. I used her D4 many time offline and online and both seem to have a similar effect. But her D4 is pretty slow compared to others, like Kitana and Cage, so just jumping over would suffice in making a counter against it.
theyre the same speed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]