Devil Ape Clan

European Mortal Kombat X Clan

Log in

I forgot my password



Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 55 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:03 pm
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» [DA-Kombat-League] - Season #1
by llabslb Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 am

» I'm back?
by c0ki Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:15 pm

» first DevilApes Tournament
by Vjeekes Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 am

» how to beat Jacqui's handgun
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:07 am

» Social Media
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:04 am

» ANSHOXX (real name Yannis)
by Vjeekes Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 am

» Kung Lao HAT TRICK possible pressure?
by WamZlay Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 pm

» Matthias "Wam-Zlay
by WamZlay Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:42 pm

» DA Matchmaking Forum
by CountryPistol Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:03 pm

» Recruitment
by Vjeekes Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:58 am

» Proposed Tournament Strategy
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 am

» Newest New Guy
by llabslb Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 am

» Euro Kombat
by Vjeekes Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 am

» Starting up the forum | Covering Sub Zero
by llabslb Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm

» Hey!
by c0ki Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:36 pm

» Hii
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuck Cage!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fuck Cage! on Wed May 02, 2012 7:57 am

Loogie

avatar
Going wild
So pissed at getting caught, locked down, a full round in his frametraps and bullshit! one mistake and its byebye health!

yeah yeah, i know i can get out ... but its all about guessing and reading the opp. his AA puts you back in same situation after a nutpunch. so with no breaker you can kiss your life goodbye the minute he gets in. only way i see around this is to keep him out, don't let him get in. doesnt matter if you poke him out or not within his strings, he is still in your face after the poke just gotta keep him the fuck away! midscreen distance to 3/4 or full screen. sweep distance or more NO CHANCE!

2 Re: Fuck Cage! on Wed May 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Shadow

avatar
Wild Ape
I agree, was fighting Ruby's Cage yesterday and it's so annoying being caught, especially online. I'm sure Qwark will come in here telling us what strings you can poke out of, but it doesn't mean anything online.

3 Re: Fuck Cage! on Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Shadow wrote:I agree, was fighting Ruby's Cage yesterday and it's so annoying being caught, especially online. I'm sure Qwark will come in here telling us what strings you can poke out of, but it doesn't mean anything online.

I feel the same while being NDC pressured Wink

4 Re: Fuck Cage! on Wed May 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Shadow

avatar
Wild Ape
H0ru5 wrote:I feel the same while being NDC pressured Wink
Knew someone would say that (:

But it's not the same, you're not going to lose a round from just NDC.

5 Re: Fuck Cage! on Thu May 03, 2012 1:02 am

Guest

avatar
Guest
Shadow wrote:
H0ru5 wrote:I feel the same while being NDC pressured Wink
Knew someone would say that (:

But it's not the same, you're not going to lose a round from just NDC.

Nah you're right. The problem is that it's so hard to compare and that so many characters are really good in MK in my opinion. I might not lose a round from NDC alone, but Kabal has godlike zoning too while JC has absolutely nothing.

Secondly, complaining about online is fine but complaining about a character online is not useful at all. Sub Zero's corner me, iceclone and then jump all day long and my Nightwolf fails to AA too... (not saying Sub is top tier here btw)

And maybe I just notice Kabal more sometimes since I know his framedata much better because I play him myself.

I think it's pretty cool that lots of characters can be called extremely strong at this stage of the game. Most fighting games have a clear toptier but I don't feel that MK has that. Did you see Ermac in that tournament a while ago?

Jax 100% corner combo, KL spin and pressure, Raiden teleport and dmg, Kabal zoning and NDC, JC ultimate pressure, Cyrax OP dmg, ST very viable, Sub in certain matchups, Lui Kang pressure, Kitana... the list just goes on...

That's just my opinion though.

and FUCK F+3!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Re: Fuck Cage! on Thu May 03, 2012 5:35 am

Shadow

avatar
Wild Ape
H0ru5 wrote:Nah you're right. The problem is that it's so hard to compare and that so many characters are really good in MK in my opinion. I might not lose a round from NDC alone, but Kabal has godlike zoning too while JC has absolutely nothing.

Secondly, complaining about online is fine but complaining about a character online is not useful at all. Sub Zero's corner me, iceclone and then jump all day long and my Nightwolf fails to AA too... (not saying Sub is top tier here btw)

And maybe I just notice Kabal more sometimes since I know his framedata much better because I play him myself.

I think it's pretty cool that lots of characters can be called extremely strong at this stage of the game. Most fighting games have a clear toptier but I don't feel that MK has that. Did you see Ermac in that tournament a while ago?

Jax 100% corner combo, KL spin and pressure, Raiden teleport and dmg, Kabal zoning and NDC, JC ultimate pressure, Cyrax OP dmg, ST very viable, Sub in certain matchups, Lui Kang pressure, Kitana... the list just goes on...

That's just my opinion though.

and FUCK F+3!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean, it's one of the reasons I love this game. There's just so much strategy involved, knowing lots of match-ups, knowing when to poke, that kind of stuff.

Kabal isn't easy to use online, you know this. This is where I think Cage has adv online. His strings aren't as strict as Kabal's. Plus the online delay makes getting out of JC strings even harder, for me it just seems to be random whether it works or not. Which seems to be the case for online in general for me lately, it's so random, things that should happen, sometimes don't.

Not sure what you mean when you said, 'complaining about a character online isn't useful'. There is a clear advantage some characters have online, depending on the lag. Sub Zero's combos are a lot easier to do in lag than someone like Rain or Kabal. Lao is deadly online sometimes.

7 Re: Fuck Cage! on Thu May 03, 2012 6:18 am

Loogie

avatar
Going wild
A blocked f3 has random advantage sometimes... Been reading alot on tym lately some even went to the extent of calling it a semi infinite block string thing. Whether it makes sense or not, if it does have random adv like jax's f413 string the its fuckin op i tell you!!!!

8 Re: Fuck Cage! on Thu May 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Dictator

avatar
Wild Ape
loogie wrote:A blocked f3 has random advantage sometimes... Been reading alot on tym lately some even went to the extent of calling it a semi infinite block string thing. Whether it makes sense or not, if it does have random adv like jax's f413 string the its fuckin op i tell you!!!!
The random adv is only on p1,against jumps and rare,if it was heavily affecting his offensive game jc would be banned.

why are you looking at the random adv topic instead of one that explains the matchup?



Last edited by Qwark28 on Thu May 03, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

9 Re: Fuck Cage! on Thu May 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Loogie

avatar
Going wild
Qwark28 wrote:
loogie wrote:A blocked f3 has random advantage sometimes... Been reading alot on tym lately some even went to the extent of calling it a semi infinite block string thing. Whether it makes sense or not, if it does have random adv like jax's f413 string the its fuckin op i tell you!!!!
The random adv is only on p1 and extremely rare,if it was common jc would be banned.

OK bud, no more player1 for you :)

10 Re: Fuck Cage! on Thu May 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Dictator

avatar
Wild Ape
Shadow wrote:
H0ru5 wrote:Nah you're right. The problem is that it's so hard to compare and that so many characters are really good in MK in my opinion. I might not lose a round from NDC alone, but Kabal has godlike zoning too while JC has absolutely nothing.

Secondly, complaining about online is fine but complaining about a character online is not useful at all. Sub Zero's corner me, iceclone and then jump all day long and my Nightwolf fails to AA too... (not saying Sub is top tier here btw)

And maybe I just notice Kabal more sometimes since I know his framedata much better because I play him myself.

I think it's pretty cool that lots of characters can be called extremely strong at this stage of the game. Most fighting games have a clear toptier but I don't feel that MK has that. Did you see Ermac in that tournament a while ago?

Jax 100% corner combo, KL spin and pressure, Raiden teleport and dmg, Kabal zoning and NDC, JC ultimate pressure, Cyrax OP dmg, ST very viable, Sub in certain matchups, Lui Kang pressure, Kitana... the list just goes on...

That's just my opinion though.

and FUCK F+3!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean, it's one of the reasons I love this game. There's just so much strategy involved, knowing lots of match-ups, knowing when to poke, that kind of stuff.

Kabal isn't easy to use online, you know this. This is where I think Cage has adv online. His strings aren't as strict as Kabal's. Plus the online delay makes getting out of JC strings even harder, for me it just seems to be random whether it works or not. Which seems to be the case for online in general for me lately, it's so random, things that should happen, sometimes don't.

Not sure what you mean when you said, 'complaining about a character online isn't useful'. There is a clear advantage some characters have online, depending on the lag. Sub Zero's combos are a lot easier to do in lag than someone like Rain or Kabal. Lao is deadly online sometimes.
ok,since everyone's shitting on the chars im playing imma say this.

subzero is execution friendly.

his whole pressure relies on a d4,if it doesn't hit you while he's right next to you,you can escape,his d4 only dails to 21 in mid range.

rain hardly takes execution

apparently you guys think a +3 adv online is easy to use
how many times did you jump out man?f3 hits special mid,you cant jump it.

11 Re: Fuck Cage! on Thu May 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Loogie

avatar
Going wild
His b3 beats d4 :) fyi

Sub is exec fruendly with shitload of bad mus and problems vs zoning, even upclose his average. 21 is 0 on blk so no advantage if blocked. Only thing goin for him is d4 n clone setups.

12 Re: Fuck Cage! on Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Shadow

avatar
Wild Ape
Qwark28 wrote:ok,since everyone's shitting on the chars im playing

Don't play easy characters to use online then (;

13 Re: Fuck Cage! on Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 am

Dictator

avatar
Wild Ape
Shadow wrote:
Qwark28 wrote:ok,since everyone's shitting on the chars im playing

Don't play easy characters to use online then (;
Not gonna switch chars because some people don't like it,don't like my char?deal with it,you're acting as if cage and sub play the same online as they do offline.

also lol at easy to use when most of my advantage is +5 and even great connections lose a few frames.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum