Devil Ape Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Devil Ape Clan

European Mortal Kombat X Clan

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 186 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:51 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» [DA-Kombat-League] - Season #1
by llabslb Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 am

» I'm back?
by c0ki Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:15 pm

» first DevilApes Tournament
by Vjeekes Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 am

» how to beat Jacqui's handgun
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:07 am

» Social Media
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:04 am

» ANSHOXX (real name Yannis)
by Vjeekes Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 am

» Kung Lao HAT TRICK possible pressure?
by WamZlay Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 pm

» Matthias "Wam-Zlay
by WamZlay Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:42 pm

» DA Matchmaking Forum
by CountryPistol Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:03 pm

» Recruitment
by Vjeekes Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:58 am

» Proposed Tournament Strategy
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 am

» Newest New Guy
by llabslb Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 am

» Euro Kombat
by Vjeekes Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 am

» Starting up the forum | Covering Sub Zero
by llabslb Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm

» Hey!
by c0ki Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:36 pm

» Hii
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reptile

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reptile Empty Reptile Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:24 am

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

I don't know about you guys, but Reptile has lost lot of love over the MK9 timeline. I see less and less intelligent Reptiles playing him, I know UFG has him as one of his favs. but as a character he's not that good at all IMO. and rarely you would find unpredictable reptiles, mostly they have a pattern and once you figure it out they are in for punishment and its not that hard to do. vs teleporters he is fucked, vs the wall he's bb, only thing he can do to get out is en slide and you can bait it out and he is in deep shit after that. dash can be punished with jabs, fast jabs and upclose he can be murdered. hell you can even outzone him with more than half of the cast if he decided to jelloball his way to victory.
this character used to be really popular when the game first came out, but no major was won with Rep as far as I remember.

so what do you guys think? is Rep still viable?

2Reptile Empty Re: Reptile Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Anonymous

Viable for sure. In the corner there are problems, but he's not the only character suffering from that. Against teleporters I'm not even sure what you mean... Everyone gets fucked over by KL teleport instant 3, he has to use a bar to punish teleport, 3 though which is a pain but MU specific. Dash beats Raiden's teleport when he tries to attack which will make Raiden's block or jump which allows it to become a guessing game. Scorpion'ish teleports are the same for everyone...

I love how you can pressure (although without any frame advantages), zone (perhaps not as Kabal), have good dmg and be highly mobile at the same time. Dash works as a very fast punisher and a whiff punisher.

Perhaps you feel he's a bit predictable because you play Sub most of the time. Can't outzone sub and Rep's get raped in the corner which leaves us to dash block to get in. If you look at recent character choices at majors, not many characters are "viable".

ps: my character is clearly underpowered so I'm clearly cooler than you guys Wink

3Reptile Empty Re: Reptile Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

H0ru5 wrote:
Viable for sure. In the corner there are problems, but he's not the only character suffering from that. Against teleporters I'm not even sure what you mean... Everyone gets fucked over by KL teleport instant 3, he has to use a bar to punish teleport, 3 though which is a pain but MU specific. Dash beats Raiden's teleport when he tries to attack which will make Raiden's block or jump which allows it to become a guessing game. Scorpion'ish teleports are the same for everyone...

I love how you can pressure (although without any frame advantages), zone (perhaps not as Kabal), have good dmg and be highly mobile at the same time. Dash works as a very fast punisher and a whiff punisher.

Perhaps you feel he's a bit predictable because you play Sub most of the time. Can't outzone sub and Rep's get raped in the corner which leaves us to dash block to get in. If you look at recent character choices at majors, not many characters are "viable".

ps: my character is clearly underpowered so I'm clearly cooler than you guys Wink

most reptiles i am playing, although we never played a long series of matches so i cant say the same about you is that reptiles tend to play the same way vs all chars, when to zone and when to rush should be measured... his rushdown game is not that big imo. he zones on his own terms but if he gets predictable with the pattern, would get punished and even the dash can be punished and baited.
yeah Sub gets his way in this matchup specially in the corner its bybye for Rep. he doesnt have big winnable matchups like 7-3s or too many 6-4s.
dont know its just me, maybe i should main him for a while and get back to this thread :)

4Reptile Empty Re: Reptile Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Anonymous

I'm 100% sure I play Sub, KL, Mileena and JC MU's totally different to just name a few! Everyone who zones and gets predictable with the pattern gets punished. (compare it with jumping over an iceball). Blocked dashes shouldn't happen too much imo, it's a sign that the Reptile player is just mashing it. I know it happens sometimes to me too, although I normally don't dash out of the blue. Baiting dashes means standing there and blocking, which means that Rep can get his balls (lol) out.

5Reptile Empty Re: Reptile Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

rep is top 10,hes not trash at all.

6Reptile Empty Re: Reptile Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 am

Anonymous

agree with ya guys... although i play main rep and i dont think of me as a very good one, i still have seen like 2 or 3 good ones that i can rly learn from and improve. i like alot of his mixups and if you manage to randomize them at maximum(unpunishable ones ofc) u will be able to do alot of mindgames on your oponent... witch is probably the reason alot of players hate reptile... and the elbow dash should be used mainly for movement i think, although i overuse but i should stop punishing most of the mistakes with it(another hate on rep about the elbow dash)a... the worse thing is the dash i think .. it is slow and you cannot do all of the follow ups like win air battle to combo or smth ... elbow dash compensates abit.. but its hard to push with a dash so slow ... i think if it were fast rep would be the main of alot of pros... but i love him anyway ^^o about pushes btw you can use the 1221 alot... tis nice because in most simple way you can follow it up with f2-slide for like 21% in total :]

7Reptile Empty Re: Reptile Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:22 am

Anonymous

The elbow dash is mainly used for movement and whiff punishing in my opinion.

Lots of ppl complain about it. I played Hezbolah a lot and he thinks my Kabal is better than my Rep because I dash too much. I almost never dash on his block so I believe he's not right at all.

Playing against Mud's Quan was a different story. His spacing is awesome and while I won a whole lot of games, I also dashed on his block a lot which was too had to punish because of the lag. He was a sport as always, but I know I would've lost a lot more because of that and felt dirty Wink

8Reptile Empty Re: Reptile Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:15 am

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

ignore fh advice,they're terrible at mk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum