by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer !

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:15 am

Loogie

Going wild
Dictator wrote:You guys are just doing the exact same mistake as with MK9, PS4 for MKX guarantees you'll find nobody to play with.

xbox1 people!! don't mess it up this time too ...

27 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:17 am

Loogie

Going wild
Darkseid wrote:So people, my XBL Tag is Feed The Croc, on PS4 my ID is FlexZillaa. Add me bitches.

you dropped KI?

28 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:10 am

Taco

Wild Ape
Just had to pop back in to reply to this whole PS4/X1 debate Razz Exactly why are we making the assumption that MKX will be region locked on PS4? You do realize that MK9 and Injustice were just about the only games that were region locked at all, right?

If people prefer the PS4, then let them buy the damned thing. I already have one and there's no way I'm spending another 399 on a console that only has one game I'm interested in (KI). Better online play, no lag, and not being region locked are mostly 8 year old arguments that don't really hold up today. Ignorance is bliss, I guess...

Also, I don't know if you've noticed, but PS4 has the upper hand atm, which means that there's a good chance that most players will be on PS4 (even in the US).

https://www.facebook.com/themixicanNL

29 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:17 am

Dictator

Wild Ape
MK9 and Injustice were region locked because of the games themselves, not the consoles. That means it still will be region locked on the PS4, all recent NRS games have been for both PS3/PS4, just check IGAU.

If people prefer the PS4 then they will buy it no matter what I say, I'm mentioning the consequences regarding MK X though. Better online play and no region locks are pretty important for most people who play fighting games.

Very few people actually buy the console with the upper hand based on an event 10 months after the release of the consoles. People, at first, buy the console that looks juciest, then the one that looks best down the road and finally the one looking better in exhibitions like E3. That is excluding people who stay with a company due to habit ( which is a very large % ).

30 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:19 am

Dictator

Wild Ape
If you're buying an inferior console just for MK X though, without any previous interest in it then just don't.

31 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:44 am

Taco

Wild Ape
Dictator wrote:MK9 and Injustice were region locked because of the games themselves, not the consoles. That means it still will be region locked on the PS4, all recent NRS games have been for both PS3/PS4, just check IGAU.

If people prefer the PS4 then they will buy it no matter what I say, I'm mentioning the consequences regarding MK X though. Better online play and no region locks are pretty important for most people who play fighting games.

Very few people actually buy the console with the upper hand based on an event 10 months after the release of the consoles. People, at first, buy the console that looks juciest, then the one that looks best down the road and finally the one looking better in exhibitions like E3. That is excluding people who stay with a company due to habit ( which is a very large % ).

You're assuming this is truth without knowing the reason it was region locked on ps3/ps4 in the first place. Why not start a petition to let NRS know that people demand it being not region locked on PS4? That way everyone will be able to have the same experience.

32 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Loogie

Going wild
why would the same game, e.g. MK9 be region locked on PSN and not locked on XBLive?

My guess would be that it's a console/network thing rather than the game developer doing separate versions for each console. wouldn't a no-lock be better for sales?

so, to me having better online play with zero to negligible lag (like it is in KI) is way more important. MK9 suffered because of it's shitty online play and issues. Where you couldn't even connect to people from your own region.
I haven't played MK9 on XBLive so I cannot say how it was, but whoever had played always gave positive reviews on the online play.

it's a no brainer to me, if you want good online for your fighting games it should be XB1 if you haven't already got a PS4 yet.

33 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:58 pm

Taco

Wild Ape
Loogie wrote:why would the same game, e.g. MK9 be region locked on PSN and not locked on XBLive?

My guess would be that it's a console/network thing rather than the game developer doing separate versions for each console. wouldn't a no-lock be better for sales?

so, to me having better online play with zero to negligible lag (like it is in KI) is way more important. MK9 suffered because of it's shitty online play and issues. Where you couldn't even connect to people from your own region.
I haven't played MK9 on XBLive so I cannot say how it was, but whoever had played always gave positive reviews on the online play.

it's a no brainer to me, if you want good online for your fighting games it should be XB1 if you haven't already got a PS4 yet.

Those are assumptions based on very little information. Street fighter and marvel have never been region locked, and the netcode was a problem in all versions of MK9 and Injustice. The actual servers the games were running on were also the same on X360 and PS3 (all gamespy servers), so the only reason I can imagine is that both games ran better on X360. Perhaps long-range connections were more problematic on PS3 because the machine was having trouble running the game as was?

I see no reason why the game shouldn't be able to be region-free on X1 as well as PS4, mainly because it has been said that the game is running better on PS4 atm.

Killer Instinct is a completely different story. I'm pretty sure it runs on semi-dedicated servers and the game itself apparently has fantastic netcode. Unless NRS decides to host the servers on Microsoft's own servers, there shouldn't be any difference in the way players are connecting to each other.

34 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Dictator

Wild Ape
Taco wrote:
Loogie wrote:why would the same game, e.g. MK9 be region locked on PSN and not locked on XBLive?

Those are assumptions based on very little information. Street fighter and marvel have never been region locked, and the netcode was a problem in all versions of MK9 and Injustice. The actual servers the games were running on were also the same on X360 and PS3 (all gamespy servers), so the only reason I can imagine is that both games ran better on X360. Perhaps long-range connections were more problematic on PS3 because the machine was having trouble running the game as was?

I see no reason why the game shouldn't be able to be region-free on X1 as well as PS4, mainly because it has been said that the game is running better on PS4 atm.

Killer Instinct is a completely different story. I'm pretty sure it runs on semi-dedicated servers and the game itself apparently has fantastic netcode. Unless NRS decides to host the servers on Microsoft's own servers, there shouldn't be any difference in the way players are connecting to each other.
Because it's a console/IP thing. Injustice is also region locked on PS4.

You see no reason, yet I don't also when it comes to MK9/IGAU on PS3, we don't know why they're region locked but they are. It's very obviously a console thing or "prefferable matchmaking" kinda thing but it's there. It exists.

KI is a whole different case, don't even mention it, the game runs on GGPO-Like servers.

Point being, Playstation has had a history of running the NRS titles with bad performance, both online and offline, if you wanna take the chance and buy a PS4 because you like it, that's fine, don't say though that it will not be this way when almost all evidence is pointing to the same thing happening.

And I'm not starting a petition because there's no reason to. This isn't a matter of convincing them to open up the servers, they could easily have earned more money, traffic and other things by letting them open. It's beyond their hands.

Past just the region lock thing, Xbox has been the superior console, running games better, able to download them for less lag, MUCH better online and more. The connection I had with Suomi in IGAU on PS3 was worse than the connections I currently have with Americans, and the internet around here is as shitty as it goes.

35 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Taco

Wild Ape
Dictator wrote:
Taco wrote:

Because it's a console/IP thing. Injustice is also region locked on PS4.

You see no reason, yet I don't also when it comes to MK9/IGAU on PS3, we don't know why they're region locked but they are. It's very obviously a console thing or "prefferable matchmaking" kinda thing but it's there. It exists.

KI is a whole different case, don't even mention it, the game runs on GGPO-Like servers.

Point being, Playstation has had a history of running the NRS titles with bad performance, both online and offline, if you wanna take the chance and buy a PS4 because you like it, that's fine, don't say though that it will not be this way when almost all evidence is pointing to the same thing happening.

And I'm not starting a petition because there's no reason to. This isn't a matter of convincing them to open up the servers, they could easily have earned more money, traffic and other things by letting them open. It's beyond their hands.

Past just the region lock thing, Xbox has been the superior console, running games better, able to download them for less lag, MUCH better online and more. The connection I had with Suomi in IGAU on PS3 was worse than the connections I currently have with Americans, and the internet around here is as shitty as it goes.

I don't remember saying that it absolutely won't be the case with MKX on PS4, but I don't see why it isn't a possibility. You're basing your arguments on PS3 vs X360, which makes little sense. So because IGAU and MK9 ran better on X360, it'll run better on the X1 as well? Even though every single game released to date on both has ran better on PS4? All I'm saying is to wait it out instead of assume that online is going to be better on X1.

You obviously don't have a PS4. Otherwise you would know how much better PSN has gotten on PS4. Downloads are 10 times as fast as on PS3 (no exaggeration) and I'm pretty sure all other differences are negligable.

If you're planning on getting a PS4/X1 only for the new MK, it would be stupid to make your choice now, based on last gen's performance. Wait it out and see what the differences are. If you already have one or the other, there's no real reason to buy the one that runs the game better or has no region lock. Unless you're filthy rich of course.

36 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:40 pm

Just wondering, have you guys even played Xbox properly before? If you're into the games it provides then go ahead and buy it. To be fair there are going to be plenty of players that are going to be playing on MKX PS4 lobbies. But it is your decision so who gives a shit.

37 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Darkseid

Wild Ape
I have both consoles and will be playing it on both anyway, so whatevs. Razz Saying that most games are running better on X1 is just beyond wrong though. These past couple of months, have you ever heard anyone say "oh yeah, this game definitely runs better on X1"? I sure haven't.

Putting that whole point aside though, what really makes me cringe when thinking about playing MKX on the X1 is the controller. Yes, the D-Pad is better than it was on the 360's controller, but it's still nowhere near the PS4 controller, and playing fighting games with it still kinda sucks. And no, I can't just afford a fighting stick, not right now anyway.

So yeah, if it wasn't for the controller, I really couldn't care less about what console to play the game on, and like I said, I WILL play it on both, just kinda scared to play it with the X1 controller.

38 Re: Mortal Kombat 10 Trailer ! on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:23 pm

X1 controller is a block

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum