by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thoughts on Injustice

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Thu May 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Shadow

Wild Ape
With respect to Nivek, him saying that being good in MK9 means you're good in Injustice doesn't really apply to everyone, that's just his experience. Of course the MK tournament players will be good at it because that's what they do, but for casuals players or players like me that don't attend tournaments, it doesn't apply. I wouldn't say I'm bad at the game, I'd say I'm pretty decent for about two weeks of play. Me being bad isn't what makes me dislike this game, it's the game mechanics themselves.

I agree with pretty much everything Loog said; this game favours zoners heavily, I've said that for a while. Only way to get in is crouch whatever projectile or zoning option, then dash in. Which is where the 'back to block' becomes a problem, you gain a bit of ground, but then you have to back up slightly because of the dumb blocking system. Or crouch again which gives them advantage to either backdash or get some extra chip from another zoning tool. I play a character who you'd think would be a great zoner considering he has a bow and arrow, but I do 1% with each arrow that hits, yes, hits. To do more than that I need to switch to a different arrow, which if I do anywhere apart from after a knockdown, AND after sacrificing damage just to do that, I'll be punished. If I try switching at fullscreen against Aquaman let's say, if he has one bar, I'm down 20%, just for trying to switch arrows.

Then once I'm in, it's a guessing game, will he hit high or low? One guess wrong and it's back to mid/full screen to repeat the same crap. I realise I'm just repeating myself with each post, but this is what's really bothering me.

From a design standpoint, I should have one of the best characters (I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this, but whatever). Arrow has amazing close-quarter combat ability and considering he's supposed to be the best archer in DC, should be awesome from range. Sadly he was not designed this way. Give me crap all you want for saying that, I don't care. How is Aquaman supposed to be better at CQC than Arrow? And yes, I broke the first rule of video games; Don't question their logic. And you can bring on the 'But Shadzy, ur fyting Gods, Gods iz betterer !' comments.

Also agree with what Zero said, this game was partly/largely made to appease casuals, who want to play and feel like they're a superhero or whatever. NRS said they wanted to make it tournament viable.

Interactables favour power characters IMO. If I'm at full screen with an interactable I can either jump off or blow up, a power character in that situation can throw it and hit me with it. It's useless for me unless I'm up close to them, but even then I'll just be hit out of it. Also, power character can MB it, another disadvantage for 'gadget' characters.

27 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Thu May 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Shadow

Wild Ape
Chris G has a sick Arrow ! O;

28 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Thu May 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Dictator

Wild Ape
Shadow wrote:With respect to Nivek, him saying that being good in MK9 means you're good in Injustice doesn't really apply to everyone, that's just his experience. Of course the MK tournament players will be good at it because that's what they do, but for casuals players or players like me that don't attend tournaments, it doesn't apply. I wouldn't say I'm bad at the game, I'd say I'm pretty decent for about two weeks of play. Me being bad isn't what makes me dislike this game, it's the game mechanics themselves.

I agree with pretty much everything Loog said; this game favours zoners heavily, I've said that for a while. Only way to get in is crouch whatever projectile or zoning option, then dash in. Which is where the 'back to block' becomes a problem, you gain a bit of ground, but then you have to back up slightly because of the dumb blocking system. Or crouch again which gives them advantage to either backdash or get some extra chip from another zoning tool. I play a character who you'd think would be a great zoner considering he has a bow and arrow, but I do 1% with each arrow that hits, yes, hits. To do more than that I need to switch to a different arrow, which if I do anywhere apart from after a knockdown, AND after sacrificing damage just to do that, I'll be punished. If I try switching at fullscreen against Aquaman let's say, if he has one bar, I'm down 20%, just for trying to switch arrows.

Then once I'm in, it's a guessing game, will he hit high or low? One guess wrong and it's back to mid/full screen to repeat the same crap. I realise I'm just repeating myself with each post, but this is what's really bothering me.

From a design standpoint, I should have one of the best characters (I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this, but whatever). Arrow has amazing close-quarter combat ability and considering he's supposed to be the best archer in DC, should be awesome from range. Sadly he was not designed this way. Give me crap all you want for saying that, I don't care. How is Aquaman supposed to be better at CQC than Arrow? And yes, I broke the first rule of video games; Don't question their logic. And you can bring on the 'But Shadzy, ur fyting Gods, Gods iz betterer !' comments.

Also agree with what Zero said, this game was partly/largely made to appease casuals, who want to play and feel like they're a superhero or whatever. NRS said they wanted to make it tournament viable.

Interactables favour power characters IMO. If I'm at full screen with an interactable I can either jump off or blow up, a power character in that situation can throw it and hit me with it. It's useless for me unless I'm up close to them, but even then I'll just be hit out of it. Also, power character can MB it, another disadvantage for 'gadget' characters.
Nivek didn't say you are good at IGAU if you're good at MK, he said you WILL be, it's much easier to grasp that other FG players who have to get used to the mechanics.

Gadget chars can also throw shit at power chars, some interactibles are even specially designed for them e.g the water pump in atlantis, power chars can only break the glass once but gadget chars can turn the lever and can re-use it after a cooldown.

FYI, the game is NOT designed for zoners. MK9 has been constantly said to favour rushdown too much, this is just a neutral game. Something that a SOUL CALIBUR player like Belial might not have been used to since the zoning in 3D is extremely gimmicky and pretty shit.

Grundy vs BA is 6-4 and MAYBE 7-3. Once BA is cornered, and with the upcoming divekick recovery nerf when Lobo is released, he's dead. The only invincible wakeup of his is lightning cage and it can be neutral jumped for full combo. How about grundy vs sinestro? or superman when he has to take a few moments to activate his trait?

Full to midscreen zoners can throw projectiles, after that it's too dangerous. You CAN dash once or even twice simply because of that hesitation.

They can backdash when they see you crouch? I thought the same thing happened in MK9, a specific character could even backdash while puking a stream of projectiles. Walk, duck on reaction to projectiles or block with back for one moment, dash in when you block a projectile, either because its - or because the projectile is no longer safe to throw/hits mid. That extra chip you mention is another - on block projectile you can immediately dash after.

You can react to projectiles. Zoners need to read when you'll switch arrows. And no, one wrong guess and you're back to midscreen. Besides, how do you think people played footsies with kabal? They too had to move backwards while being bombarded by gas blasts INCASE kabal threw out a completely safe and pressure-starting F32, the best example of this is Dizzy vs REO at MLG dallas/raleigh where Dizzy got back from 10% to REOs 70% WHILE scouting for F32s when zoned.

And don't switch arrows fullscreen which is exactly where aquaman can harass you and fuck up his zoning without any consequence at all from you.

29 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Thu May 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Dictator

Wild Ape
And projectile frame data is calculated as if the projectile was blocked point blank, you're not dashing during the - frames of the projectile, you're dashing during the very small - frames left and the startup of the projectile.

-42 on sinestros meteor means everyone in the game gets a free double dash, they obviously don't. Also why subzeros iceball is -26 point blank but +1 fullscreen and how jokers gunshot is + from any range because it has no travel time.

And the reason black adam is actually about +9 after a blocked fullscreen lightning

30 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Dictator

Wild Ape
ill be holding your word to the dick cutting btw

31 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Thu May 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Edge

I don't want to be under a leader called that.. Please change it dude. What's wrong with Qwark or Ruby? Also, while you're at it, change my name to Edge, or FlawlessEdge- or something. Thanks ;D

32 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Thu May 02, 2013 7:12 pm

munem939

Going wild
It's like seeing children fighting over which toy is better! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/munem939

33 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Thu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm

munem939

Going wild
lmao Rubez changed his name to Dictator! xD You may as well have a picture of Sacha Baron Cohen along with it :3

http://www.youtube.com/user/munem939

34 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Fri May 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Dictator

Wild Ape
munem939 wrote:lmao Rubez changed his name to Dictator! xD You may as well have a picture of Sacha Baron Cohen along with it :3

throw money at cockroach and leave house

35 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sat May 04, 2013 12:46 am

Taco

Wild Ape
Hey guys,

It's been a while.. I might've left on kind of bad terms, espcially with Ruby, but I have to agree with him here. It seems like most of you are basically complaining about the game not being like MK, though you couldn't wait to drop the game months ago, because of it's bs.

Yes, there are characters that are at a disadvantage to others, zoners are fucking tough and there's stuff like tracking interactables that piss me the fuck off, but this is definitely more fun than MK. It's fresh, new and takes some getting used to. I've been raging for weeks before I finally found a way to stand a chance with my character of choice (Shazam) and I'm starting to have a great time.

Just don't give up and keep playing :)

https://www.facebook.com/themixicanNL

36 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 7:14 am

Loogie

Going wild
i have settled on 3 chars: Grundy - Aquaman - Doomsday, and I am picking these depending on MUs, counterpicking that is.

Gave Sinestro a try yesterday, and did pretty well for day1 online Sinestro. good mobility, vgood zoning, normals are kinda sucky outside of b13 and f2d1, sweep sucks ass and his d1 also lacks range. his trait is way too good, big comeback potential if you manage to fill the trait up for round2 of your health bar.
Will put some time on Sinestro, need to have a zoner in my team!

37 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 7:59 am

Bop_Sensei

Spent my first 30 mins on injustice with Sups. Hard to get anything over 30% at the moment. But good at zoning with his lasers and air dashings. Tough to land ex specials in the middle of combos though.

Im gonna go with Sups for a while just like MK vs DC. anyone got a problem? Rolling Eyes

38 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 8:09 am

Loogie

Going wild
Bop_Sensei wrote:Spent my first 30 mins on injustice with Sups. Hard to get anything over 30% at the moment. But good at zoning with his lasers and air dashings. Tough to land ex specials in the middle of combos though.

Im gonna go with Sups for a while just like MK vs DC. anyone got a problem? Rolling Eyes

yeah!
why won't you show yourself online?

you don't need mega damage with Sups, 30% range is good enough and he has one of the best strings in f23. plus i've seen some 40% combos with Sups on TYM.
to connect the freeze breath you have to time it right, as its not a 'true' cancel from the launcher.

39 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 8:15 am

Bop_Sensei

Dude cut me some slack. My sups is not ready to face the world rite now. He needs a lil more love and affection from me.

Dude how do u know his strings? i told you to stay the fuk away from him?

40 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 8:22 am

Loogie

Going wild
Bop_Sensei wrote:Dude cut me some slack. My sups is not ready to face the world rite now. He needs a lil more love and affection from me.

Dude how do u know his strings? i told you to stay the fuk away from him?

dude, just go online already. are you that worried about your win/loss ratio? how else will you know matchups if you dont play them?

i dont know much about Sups, but no Sup has given me trouble yet online. they huff and puff but once you figure the pattern its over, i think he cannot sustain constant rushdown and his zoning is average. good mobility though, and best Super in the game...

41 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 11:52 am

Bop_Sensei

Supers are only to be done between combos, not like xray. Cuz that would be just stupid

42 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Shadow

Wild Ape
@Sensei - My BnB with Superman is 43% 1 bar, activating trait mid combo.

43 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Bop_Sensei

cool but im still getting used to pressing forward while doing mid screen combos instead of dashing

44 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Loogie

Going wild
Shadow wrote:@Sensei - My BnB with Superman is 43% 1 bar, activating trait mid combo.

nice,
what are the commands?
i can only get like 28-29% on my own (without going to youtube and stuff).

45 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Loogie

Going wild
Bop_Sensei wrote:cool but im still getting used to pressing forward while doing mid screen combos instead of dashing

you better get your ass online tonight! i wanna see what you've been up to for the past 3 weeks on Injustice

46 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 12:43 pm

Shadow

Wild Ape
Loogie wrote:what are the commands?
F2, 3, Trait, F2, 3, MB Super Breath, B3, J3, F2, Scoop, 1,1, Rising Grab, Heat Vision. I'm pretty sure.

47 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Bop_Sensei

Loogie wrote:
Bop_Sensei wrote:cool but im still getting used to pressing forward while doing mid screen combos instead of dashing

you better get your ass online tonight! i wanna see what you've been up to for the past 3 weeks on Injustice

Dude like i said, ive only played 30 mins since.

Do this, come over to my place this weekend morning and ill show u how its done.

48 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Loogie

Going wild
Bop_Sensei wrote:
Loogie wrote:

Dude like i said, ive only played 30 mins since.

Do this, come over to my place this weekend morning and ill show u how its done.

lol... who are you kidding? if you played 30 minutes, then i must have played only 15 minutes. lmao.

49 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Bop_Sensei

What would i get from kidding with you dude? Does that prove im not a geek or smth?

Like i said the offer stands old friend

50 Re: Thoughts on Injustice on Sun May 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Loogie

Going wild
Shadow wrote:
Loogie wrote:what are the commands?
F2, 3, Trait, F2, 3, MB Super Breath, B3, J3, F2, Scoop, 1,1, Rising Grab, Heat Vision. I'm pretty sure.

if you take trait out, the second f23 wont connect i'm guessing.
i feel his trait can completely fuck up some characters, like Lex, Doomsday, maybe Bane too out of their trait benefits/features and make them pretty useless.
hell, Aquaman's trait too would be fucked up.

I already had cases where Grundy would get blown up for doing the Walking Corps move!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum