Devil Ape Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Devil Ape Clan

European Mortal Kombat X Clan

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 186 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:51 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» [DA-Kombat-League] - Season #1
by llabslb Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 am

» I'm back?
by c0ki Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:15 pm

» first DevilApes Tournament
by Vjeekes Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 am

» how to beat Jacqui's handgun
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:07 am

» Social Media
by Loogie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:04 am

» ANSHOXX (real name Yannis)
by Vjeekes Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 am

» Kung Lao HAT TRICK possible pressure?
by WamZlay Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 pm

» Matthias "Wam-Zlay
by WamZlay Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:42 pm

» DA Matchmaking Forum
by CountryPistol Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:03 pm

» Recruitment
by Vjeekes Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:58 am

» Proposed Tournament Strategy
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 am

» Newest New Guy
by llabslb Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 am

» Euro Kombat
by Vjeekes Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 am

» Starting up the forum | Covering Sub Zero
by llabslb Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm

» Hey!
by c0ki Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:36 pm

» Hii
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Subzero Matchup Advice

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty My Subzero Matchup Advice Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

So here im gonna tell you how i play the matchups, will updat this later

2My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:15 pm

misskiss88

misskiss88

awsome:)

3My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 am

Anonymous

We start with MILEENA.

The matchup I believe is 5-5, whoever has the life lead controls the pace of the match, you can neutral crouch her sais so they don't do chip damage, you can D1 slide/ icebeam her EX telekick to sais to punish her, she has a hard time getting the lead back because there is NO way for her to safely get in, slow ass barely advancing strings, no chip, nada.

her only way to get in is via punishable specials and D4, clone eliminates the D4, only way she gets in now is if you become predictable, remember, your D4 is the fastest in the game, hers has a better reach but its useless if she cant get it out.

instant air sais are slideable, regular arent.

her mixups are the U4 overhead which on BLOCK is +9 giving her a free 42 that can be hit confirmed for full combo.

and B3 roll, B3 can not be hit confirmed to roll and U4 is slow as fuck, therefore you should block low everytime and you'll see the overhead coming.

her zoning aint great, she has no corner game, mediocre damage, no armour, slow ass normals and has to be very risky.

4My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:52 am

Edge

Edge

Awesome. Now if only I could find a Mileena to beatdown- ERR I mean practice this on.. OH MIISSSS ; ) My Subzero Matchup Advice 210754156

5My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Anonymous

CYRAX

6-4 matchup IMO, you have to be on point and take advantage of everything he gives you, screw up once and you're probably dead, he can afford to make over thrice as many mistakes as you and still catch you in that one killer net.

You can slide the bombs on reaction but its the chest opening that youre reacting to, close range it doesnt matter because the net wont come out fast enough but if youre far away then the net will cut your dick and kill you.

the main problem is that cyrax can zone with bombs and net trades BUT he has very good tools close up, a command grab granting 15% and a free JIP out of which up to 8% chip damage can be accumulated, F2 which is +11 on block, 334 which is +5 on block, its a nightmare.

cyraxs standing 1 is 9f, your standing 2 is 9 as well, his d4 is slower than average but grants twice the advantage of yours, you cant armour out of the followup unless its a F2/Command grab

while enhanced iceball and ex slide will win all trades, youre using up meter, you NEED to be able to break whenever you get caught in a net.

both characters fight for the lead, both can turtle each other, close bombs are very similar to the ice clone, get the lead, get the fuck out, dont leave yourself meterless and youre good.

6My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Anonymous

SEKTOR

IMO 5-5 matchup, my local sektor player Nikolass thinks its 6-4.

sektors main game is zoning, the missiles cannot be slided.

the straight missile is something you wanna trade with but this is only on a read, you cant react with iceball to them while sektor can iat your iceball on reaction and leave you with 30% less HP, 40 with 1 bar.

sektors strings are very good, 13 UM forces you to guess where the UM will land, B21 is a great poke, F2 is his best normal, advances a lot, is 0 on block and +5 on hit.

UMs you can slide on reaction, do it.

flamethrower on block can be slided even at max range, do it.

when you have the lead you wanna stay at 3/4 of the screen, at a range where you can punish UMs yet still neutral crouch straight missiles.

sektors EX tele is -7 on block, NOTHING will save him if he chooses not to block.

never throw an iceball further away from half screen, its suicide.

abuse your D4, his D3 reach is tiny, his D4 slow and his D1 non existent while all his strings bar B34 hit high

B34 this string has a huge hole between 3 and 4, while the 4 is being done crouch and d1, followup with 212 freeze combo.

clone smart and dont let him abuse his advancing moves, be wary of his standing 1 jab which comes out at 6f and does 38% meterless without from a jip but IMO you shouldnt ever be in his face at - in a range where his 12b1 string reaches you.

if you read a 12b1 neutral crouch 12 and 22 freeze before the b1 comes out

ex up missile does no chip but like all upmissiles is +30 on BLOCK, that means all of sektors strings can connect after an upmissile, even if theyre high, if you can, catch him with d4 right before it hits you, that way youll get hit but he wont be able to capitalise on it, otherwise, just block or armour through it with ex slide.

7My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Edge

Edge

RUSRS wrote:
CYRAX

6-4 matchup IMO, you have to be on point and take advantage of everything he gives you, screw up once and you're probably dead, he can afford to make over thrice as many mistakes as you and still catch you in that one killer net.

You can slide the bombs on reaction but its the chest opening that youre reacting to, close range it doesnt matter because the net wont come out fast enough but if youre far away then the net will cut your dick and kill you.

the main problem is that cyrax can zone with bombs and net trades BUT he has very good tools close up, a command grab granting 15% and a free JIP out of which up to 8% chip damage can be accumulated, F2 which is +11 on block, 334 which is +5 on block, its a nightmare.

cyraxs standing 1 is 9f, your standing 2 is 9 as well, his d4 is slower than average but grants twice the advantage of yours, you cant armour out of the followup unless its a F2/Command grab

while enhanced iceball and ex slide will win all trades, youre using up meter, you NEED to be able to break whenever you get caught in a net.

both characters fight for the lead, both can turtle each other, close bombs are very similar to the ice clone, get the lead, get the fuck out, dont leave yourself meterless and youre good.

It's funny, I learnt half this shit from casuals today with a crazy Cyrax. IDC what anyone says, Cyrax outzones Sub. We played about 20 matches and for the first 5 I was fighting at 3/4 to full-screen, trying to punish his zoning with Ice blast. I got a few good reads but the reward from 1 metre is nothing, and alot of the time I was wasting it cause he read my read and knew when he was open for it. It's too risky trading ball for net, you can't afford to do it. Even on good read the best you'll get is an equal trade but he gets a free bomb on recovery before you can iceball again so really he wins. Worst case is you get netted and eat reset cuz he just about managed to block your ball in time.

When I started fighting at jump distance the whole fight turned around. In the poke game it was much more even. He knew his shiz about frames and counter-pokes and I learned about D4 abuse.From then on out every match could have gone either way. Whenever we had neutral health or he had the lead he was on the run, trying to zone and I was constantly keeping it at jump distance, trying to get in with D4, and pushing him to the corner. When I had the lead, that was the only time I could turtle. He couldn't zone me because while iceball wont beat his zoning, it shuts it down effectively enough that anything he could get on screen was easily avoided. Eventually he made mistakes and that's when Ice Blast really came into play. Then he started chasing me down when he realised HIS zoning was too risky, but clones and D4 blew him out. In total I think he won about 12 and me 8. It's as you say Rubz, all about getting the life lead.

Good stuff man, keep it coming.

Oh also B121 can be EX Slided if followed with JiP.. though the timing is very tight. I only attempt it if I don't have a breaker and cant afford to take a follow up.

8My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

thats because both command grab and f2 take more than the +18 a jip gives.

9My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Edge

Edge

Qwark28 wrote:thats because both command grab and f2 take more than the +18 a jip gives.

Just realised I worded it wrong. I meant you can EX Slide the JiP after b121, so he has to dash up.

What is the exact frame window I have to EX slide the JiP after the command grab?

10My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

FlawlessZero- wrote:
Qwark28 wrote:thats because both command grab and f2 take more than the +18 a jip gives.

Just realised I worded it wrong. I meant you can EX Slide the JiP after b121, so he has to dash up.

What is the exact frame window I have to EX slide the JiP after the command grab?

no, thats purely online, offline its impossible.

atm playing, check cyraxs command grab frame data, anything above 19 can be armoured through

11My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Edge

Edge

Qwark28 wrote:
FlawlessZero- wrote:

no, thats purely online, offline its impossible.

atm playing, check cyraxs command grab frame data, anything above 19 can be armoured through

How many frames does it take to execute a JiP? And is it standard for all chars?

12My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

31 and yes

you can find all frame data on test your might.

13My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Edge

Edge

Qwark28 wrote:31 and yes

you can find all frame data on test your might.

Ok so B1212 is +34 on hit which is why I was able to slide them sometimes. If they delay the JiP even for an instant you can armour out. 3 frames between JiP execution and B1212 hit advantage is nothing. This is good to know:o

14My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:43 am

misskiss88

misskiss88

RUSRS wrote:We start with MILEENA.

The matchup I believe is 5-5, whoever has the life lead controls the pace of the match, you can neutral crouch her sais so they don't do chip damage, you can D1 slide/ icebeam her EX telekick to sais to punish her, she has a hard time getting the lead back because there is NO way for her to safely get in, slow ass barely advancing strings, no chip, nada.

her only way to get in is via punishable specials and D4, clone eliminates the D4, only way she gets in now is if you become predictable, remember, your D4 is the fastest in the game, hers has a better reach but its useless if she cant get it out.

instant air sais are slideable, regular arent.

her mixups are the U4 overhead which on BLOCK is +9 giving her a free 42 that can be hit confirmed for full combo.

and B3 roll, B3 can not be hit confirmed to roll and U4 is slow as fuck, therefore you should block low everytime and you'll see the overhead coming.

her zoning aint great, she has no corner game, mediocre damage, no armour, slow ass normals and has to be very risky.
wow I can't do nothing;) But I believe that the match up is 6-4 in subs' favour:P

15My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 am

Shadow

Shadow
Wild Ape

misskiss88 wrote:wow I can't do nothing;)

Yaaaaay for double negatives ! (:

16My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 am

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

RUSRS wrote:
CYRAX

6-4 to Sub?? that's a bit optimistic, don't you think?
for the sole fact that Cyrax CAN afford to make mistakes and be reckless sometimes and still take your hearlth bar away, whereas Sub has to be on point and flawless in all his gameplay, and make every right read - plus he will suffer to wrack up the damage makes it in Cyrax favor, by the time you catch the fucker he would have a breaker and you're fucked after that with a bomb setup!
i can only see this in Cyrax favor tbh

17My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:42 am

Shadow

Shadow
Wild Ape

^ I was going to write something similar, but I wasn't sure whether he meant 6-4 to Sub or Cyrax. Has to be 6-4 Cyrax. I also think Sektor is 6-4 to Sub.

Are you writing these based on your experience with each character? Or how the kommunity views it?

18My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:54 am

misskiss88

misskiss88

Shadow wrote:
misskiss88 wrote:wow I can't do nothing;)

Yaaaaay for double negatives ! (:
oh Shadow u!Razz Lets take it all in swedish;)

19My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 am

Shadow

Shadow
Wild Ape

misskiss88 wrote:oh Shadow u!Razz Lets take it all in swedish;)

Du menar så här? ;D

20My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:10 am

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

Shadow wrote:^ I was going to write something similar, but I wasn't sure whether he meant 6-4 to Sub or Cyrax. Has to be 6-4 Cyrax. I also think Sektor is 6-4 to Sub.

Are you writing these based on your experience with each character? Or how the kommunity views it?

my understanding of the matchup from Nikolaos was 6-4 to Sektor and not to Sub ... he gets zoned and trade is only possible off of a read!
its a hard match, i give it 4-6 in Sek favor.

21My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:12 am

Shadow

Shadow
Wild Ape

"Are you writing these based on your experience with each character? Or how the kommunity views it?"

This was for Qwark. (:

Sorry if I was unclear.

22My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Dictator

Dictator
Wild Ape

im only changing a few matchups compared to tom bradys matchup chart, specifically kung lao to 7-3

i also ofc meant its in favor of cyrax.

sektor is 5-5, nikolass only plays metzos's sub rarely

after 214 clone slide goes below missiles, the distance for sliding them is the same, from a range and on sektors missiles are slideable

ex slide destroys sektors zoning when subs back is near the corner

23My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Edge

Edge

Yo Rubee, you planning on updating this anytime soon? A Lao MU would be really helpful :]

24My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Anonymous

defo if people are actually interested.

lao is a bitch, tom brady says its 6-4 i say its 7-3, the only excuse he has for it not being 7-3 is that kabals MU is that number and kung lao doesnt compare

kung lao has insane mobility and gets in whenever he feels like it, roll on block is -5, unless he follows it up with a special then you can freely 224 clone his ass, low hat in -11 but completely safe online

the teleport has to be punished depending on the move

instant 3 is 0 on hit and block, on hit its 10%, HAS to be neutral ducked and whiff punished

late 3 hits neutral crouch and links to full combo with very good scaling, 40% meterless and 58% xray from it, punish with AA combo

a tele on a read can be backstepped and whiff punished, only on a read

standing 2 is 7 frames but hits mid, kung lao has to spin to establish an offensive threat seeing as every string of his can be poked other than b33 which is heavily - on block and never used

default block low vs him, remember he can spin between 21 spin 2\

ex teleport can be dealt with in many ways

A= jump back, every followup whiffs

B= step through him, if its an instant 3 you get full combo as it comes out the wrong way

C= characters with 8f- uppercuts can double uppercut for a 24% punish OR uppercut then backstep for 12% and full combo

F= Xray

212 deep jumpkick setup does not work

you have to carefully approach lao and punish his mistakes, you cannot risk anything vs him, his meterless damage is great, he can get past ice clone and build a lot of meter very fast

trade with low hats but don't throw out iceball as its punishable by late 3 on a read or instant 3 on reaction, or divekick

laos mixup string is 24 1+2 which is an overhead or low hat, the latter is punishable

after an F2 lao is left at +1, that +1 nets him a free 21 check, you can duck the 21 but you can't d1 back due to crouching taking 3 frames and d1 coming out in 6, you have to take it.

25My Subzero Matchup Advice Empty Re: My Subzero Matchup Advice Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Loogie

Loogie
Going wild

need matchup info on Sub vs Freddy, I know its a tough match but anything you can add is good.
my strategy for this match is to be patient, and once in stay in. trading might not be a bad idea but i cant see it happening, Freddy could block in time and Sub ends up eating the glove/fingers. in the corner, it will be game over for Freddy but have to be mindful of wakeup exhellspikes, that shit could catch you jumping out or in!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next