by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

MK Tournament Results in Dubai

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Loogie

Going wild
Hi Guys,

As you might have read already, myself and Sensei took part in an MK tourney organized by PLG ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at the Games12 event held in Dubai on Sept 20-22.

The event was well organized, and we got the chance to see lots of new games, demos, and upcoming stuff in the world of videogames. Also got to try out Injustice while we were there :) (check the thread, dickbags)

Now, about the MK tourney, well - BoP_loog was crowned champ :) and i get to say Woolay again. And this also qualifies me into a top8, GrandFinal thingy, being held sometime in November this year. So, wish me luck and I will keep you posted as well.

BoP_Sensei, did very well too, actually he is part of the reason I got the belt in the first place, coz right at the end he defeated my main opponent and sent him back to beginning of the queue so it was all good.
I gotta explain the format for you guys, coz its not elimination like we know it.
It's a winning streak competition, so whoever gets the longest winning streak is crowned champ. If you lose you have to start over from 0, and your previous streak if its below the highest streak is scrapped.
You also get to play one match only, so if i defeat OppA i move on to fight the next winner and OppA goes to the beginning of the queue to wait his turn again.

So, we were up against a handful of average-good players, 10-15 really bad players, like just going for sweeps and uppercuts, and a couple of tough players. one of them was the Freddy player (UAE_ninj i think) he plays online so you can check him out/challenge him maybe. I realized afterwards, and specially after watching my vids with him, that I don't know jackshit about the Freddy matchup and I was confused as to which character i should use against him. So it went like this:

(General Rule - you can choose any char, winner gets Player1 tho)

Match1: I had an 8 game winning streak, the highest at the start, and he comes to challenge, i go for Ermac (big mistake) i hadn't seen him play so got little careless with my char selection. I lost badly, couldnt get around his zoning at all, tried to use airblasts to dodge his claws while jumping forward but then i was getting hit by groundspikes on landing, it was a mess... so i lose my winning streak. had to start over again.

Match2: Now he has a winning streak of 9 or something, i challenge him - my turn comes, i go for Sub... i win Round1 convincingly then i lost the next 2 rounds very badly, got zoned again, couldnt get in at all. random slides got punished and wasnt able to trade at all. it was tough.

till my next challenge comes by, he had racked 13 straight wins.

Match3: My turn, i go for Sektor, good choice. i win a nervy match in 3 rounds but the matchup was way more manageable and i was able to trade (coz of knockdown on missile and threat of instant teles on my side) also could sustain pressure when in close combat coz Freddy sucks at close combat.

Now i start racking up wins, till i got to 15 or something, so i had to sustain this to stand a chance otherwise the dude was gonna snatch it away. this is when Sensei came through and beats him to send him back to the start of the queue, he used Quan Chi and Freddy got woolayed Wink I actually think, Quan is his best char (@Sensei). good mixup, and a hard challenger and has levelled up alot since we first fought months back - no online guys, no online!!!!

But there was one last challenge coming from Freddy, and although I had the belt secured with win #16 against Razor (Razor is a GR member and he will be one of our offline buddies, cool guy, tho young can be a big mouth but a very good reptile player, so watch out). This win was the "Champagne" win - smashed his head in the lava! used Sektor again!

I got some vids with me, tried sending to RIDI but the files are too big again, so I will upload them myself to our Youtube Channel.
I uploaded some photos to our facebook page, so if any of you dicks decide to visit, you can see us at the venue.

We also made friends, and started organizing offline casuals and stuff.

One last word on Sensei, i couldnt have done it without him tbh, he beat the Freddy dude at the right time and also went easy on me when we fought during my last streak so i keep the streak going and the BoPs can enjoy the top spot.

I got very big news for the clan after PLG, but i will announce it when its confirmed and more solid. but it will surprise a few :)

Cheers

2 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Shadow

Wild Ape
Sounds cool.

Is Sektor not a good pick against Freddy? Can you not iAT his claws/other zoning tools?

Also surprised Sensei went with Quan against Freddy instead of Smoke.

Well played to Sensei for beating him.

3 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Loogie

Going wild
Shadow wrote:Sounds cool.

Is Sektor not a good pick against Freddy? Can you not iAT his claws/other zoning tools?

Also surprised Sensei went with Quan against Freddy instead of Smoke.

Well played to Sensei for beating him.

Yes, Sektor does well against Freddy could be a 6-4 in Sek favor or a 5.5-4.5
i was just a little nervous when playing the guy coz i didn't wanna lose :)
when you watch the match vids, you will notice some nerves. and i wasnt too sure how to get around his zoning, coz on block his spikes were advantagous i think so you gotta respect his follow up hellspikes... but once you get close jump distance or sweep then Freddy gets nevous Wink
Also, the knockdown from the straight missile is useful to gain some ground or bait a wakeup spike.
strange thing was, whenever i tried tele for his spikes (After making a read) the tele didnt connect coz Freddy lowers his hitbox and leans forward.. so its kinda tricky on that one.

4 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Dictator

Wild Ape
im really happy for you guys,well deserved.

im not wishing you good luck though cuz i know u guys are better than pretty much everyone there

5 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Loogie

Going wild
Thx guys :)

6 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Bop_Sensei

Hey guys wait till you watch the vids and you'll know what exactly went down. I hope loog's exposure has helped him cope with his tourney nerves so that he can sweep the floor with these clowns that are gonna show up in the finals.

I will ofcourse be there to gather all the footage of the tourney and to tea bag the finalists after loog's through with them Twisted Evil

To be honest im glad there was some competition to make victory taste sweeter Wink

Plus we will be having lots more high level offline matches and all of them will be recorded in HD and posted.

Thanks qwark for the prideful overconfidence :) and shadow for making a very good point on the smoke freddy matchup. I actually did pick smoke against him but lost a 3 rounder match so i just went with the character i was most comfortable with. Unfortunately none of my fights were recorded since i was the dedicated camera man.

Loog WHAT THE FUCK IS THE BIG SURPRISE! geek

7 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 pm

Shadow

Wild Ape
Bop_Sensei wrote:Unfortunately none of my fights were recorded since i was the dedicated camera man.

Props to you for recording the fights, man.

8 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:09 am

Loogie

Going wild
Update:
Vids uploaded

9 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 am

Loogie

Going wild
oh, and guys... its not hard to visit the facebook link as well. i had uploaded some photos of the BoPs at the event with descriptions,give it a minute and like our page.

ffs its our page, you can also upload other stuff. just take a photo of your TV screeen babying someone. bring it alive people, you can get creative. its a social page, so go socialize!

10 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Dictator

Wild Ape
loogie wrote:oh, and guys... its not hard to visit the facebook link as well. i had uploaded some photos of the BoPs at the event with descriptions,give it a minute and like our page.

ffs its our page, you can also upload other stuff. just take a photo of your TV screeen babying someone. bring it alive people, you can get creative. its a social page, so go socialize!
this reminds me of my baby streaks when taco makes a koth

good idea

11 Re: MK Tournament Results in Dubai on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:45 pm

EarlyReflections

Wild Ape
Well done bros!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum