by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kung Lao

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Kung Lao on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:30 pm

holdwolf

*holds up a burning beacon hoping you guys will notice this topic*

Ladies. *nod*

I decided I want to pick up Kung Lao. I snooped around on TYM and didn't really find what I was looking for and on YouTube it's very tedious to filter through what's pre patch and after patch.

So, since at least 3 of you here are very good with Mr. Lao (Rider, Shadez and Vjeekes), I'm asking y'all for a favor. Post some nifty combos you use for me to get started with. I am too lazy to experiment with him as I did with Kitana, Mileena, Night Wolf and Ermac; I need a bit of inspiration and it just isn't coming.

As an incentive for your help, I offer you this: once I start playing KL, just image all the moves I'll be doing that you'll be able to punish and kick my tush into oblivion! HINT: TELEPOOOOORT!

2 Re: Kung Lao on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Dictator

Wild Ape
112 spin jumpkick divekick 1 ex hat 1 1 24 r1

40%

3 Re: Kung Lao on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Shadow

Wild Ape
Nooooooo ! I do combos that i don't see anyone else doing, so no, i'm not sharing ! Hmph.

4 Re: Kung Lao on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:59 pm

holdwolf

Actually, I was aiming at you, because I liked your originality O.O

5 Re: Kung Lao on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:28 am

There are many. But kung Lao has hard execution.

Try these ex hat takes a lot of practice. For now try these there still tricky tho.

112 spin jkdk dash 1 dash 1 24 3-1 2. 33dmg no meter.
112 spin jkdk f3(roll) spin 25 dmg.
Tele3 b33 spin jkdk dash 1 dash 1 24 3-1.
Tele2 dk f3(roll) spin 1dash1dash1 24 3-1 2.

Another tip. If you catch them with a dive kick because they jump towards you follow up with.

F3(roll) spin 1dash1dash1 24 3-1 2.

As I said tho his combos are very tricky to get the hang off start with his simple strings and mix UPS.

Last edited by ZtrideRz on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

6 Re: Kung Lao on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 am

112 spin jumpkick divekick 1 ex hat 1 1 24 r1

And quark this actually dose 39 dmg unless you replace the 1 exhat with 2 exhat. Don't use the 1 unless you plan to not ex hat. Using the 1 after the dive kick is for the 11 24 3-1 2. 33 dmg no meter. Altho you can still throw ex hat anyway using 1, I just find it tacky 2 requires more specific timing.

7 Re: Kung Lao on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 am

Pls Not Lao. Find som1 Else pls. Hes the Most easiest Char to learn And only mained by gay Players imo. To b good w lao is no big Art And He should def get banned from mk9 As he is completely overpowered.

Edit: edit

8 Re: Kung Lao on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Nah he ain't overpowerd Kenshi smoke kabal and Raiden are all better and he struggles against characters with a low hitbox That is the dumbest comment I've read in a long time his combos are hard execution he is a technical character now he cannot just mindlessly rush you down. The old lao was a joke I completely agree but complaining about this one is just stupidity any char is easy to learn but master takes a lot off skill so please stop talking utter shit.

9 Re: Kung Lao on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:18 am

Loogie

Going wild
BoP_Citpoc wrote:Pls Not Lao. Find som1 Else pls. Hes the Most easiest Char to learn And only mained by gay Players imo. To b good w lao is no big Art And He should def get banned from mk9 As he is completely overpowered.

Edit: edit

i disagree with you there buddy, random lao play will not work .... half decent players can handle noob laos but the really good laos are very tricky and hard to punish, you have to play smart to outdo a good Lao. Ex: random tele will get stuffed with uppercuts, but timed tele with a well timed rise kick cannot be stuffed with a stationary normal. its easy to pick up but hard to MASTER!

Reptile seemed overpowered at one point, he didnt get banned back when THTB, Sabin were stuffing Laos, Subs, Raidens, etc.
Jax was put as S+ tier, he didnt get banned
Kabal - no comment
Scorp and Quan have crazy comeback potential, some matches you dont even get to push a button and your health is gone - did they get banned?
All chars in the roster, when mastered, are really hard to deal with if you don't know the matchup.

There is no easy char to learn, when you really master that character. otherwise all chars are easy to learn, you will just use them to minimum capacity/ability.

10 Re: Kung Lao on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:06 pm

As always loog disagrees w me, I can truly feel the love u r Sending towards me. Theres nö doubt that char like reptile, kabal, lao or jc shouldget banned. Lao is Most Simple to learn imo Jus bc hes the Most overpowered. Just do a Spin And u hav Full combo, Same w teleport plus hes the fastest Char in mk so compared to Other Char He is Def. Easy to learn . Why u think Char like lao, jc , noob or sz r used mostly?

11 Re: Kung Lao on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Loogie

Going wild
BoP_Citpoc wrote:As always loog disagrees w me, I can truly feel the love u r Sending towards me. Theres nö doubt that char like reptile, kabal, lao or jc shouldget banned. Lao is Most Simple to learn imo Jus bc hes the Most overpowered. Just do a Spin And u hav Full combo, Same w teleport plus hes the fastest Char in mk so compared to Other Char He is Def. Easy to learn . Why u think Char like lao, jc , noob or sz r used mostly?

oh come on man ....
i can disagree right? i disagree again.
I wouldn't go on calling lao players 'gay' that is clearly a No-No. we have an expert Lao in the clan, everyone has got their mains and i respect their choice. doesnt matter how the character was built and what it can do, the only thing that I would complain in the game about are RESETS! but just get the reset out (Example: Cyrax) not ban the character fgs.

a whiffed spin is punished, a blocked spin is punished as well :)
how many chars can actually punish a reptile dash? what about online rep dash, can you punish that with other then a quick poke? how hard it is to input bf1 inside midscreen? whiffed, can do again. blocked can do again... i've seen lots of spammy reptiles, who never mastered the char and just playing it easy. the thing is, all chars can be learned easy but to play to full potential is not easy at all. and those players I respect.
on TYM front page vids; a Sheeva player beat a Kabal pro, how was that possible? because he outsmarted the Kabal player.

and about Sub and Noob they are easy to pick up but have a big fucking list of bad matchups ... try beating an expert lao with sub or noob. can you? to beat laos with these chars, or raidens, all whoever the fuck is the bad matchup you need matchup knowledge and game reading otherwise you can't do squat!

JC is not easy to learn btw, try doing the midscreen bnbs without having a wrong input come out! or hit confirming into the nutcracker... its not easy at all! expert JCs can f3 confirm into a nutpunch, would a beginner JC be able to do that? NO. And that's what we are saying here. Easy to learn, hard to master.

Hope to catch you online tonight, we haven't fought in a while.

Cheers.

12 Re: Kung Lao on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 pm

its not about agreein or disagreein, i think u didnt get the sense of my last msg...anyways the favour always goes to the stronger player, no matter how right he is or not....

13 Re: Kung Lao on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:08 pm

i must say ztriders lao is the bomb, i must saY hes an exception of what i said, so strider dont tek this on u, iam sayin generally any lao u meet just makes u hate him more than before. and bc he is overpowerd hes gettin misused 99%, the pressure is extrem and outstanding this is why he is dangerous in the right hands. i only have fought u once i think but by nature i doubt everything until i see... i jus hate lao :p

14 Re: Kung Lao on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:19 pm

"and about Sub and Noob they are easy to pick up but have a big fucking list of bad matchups ... try beating an expert lao with sub or noob. can you? to beat laos with these chars, or raidens, all whoever the fuck is the bad matchup you need matchup knowledge and game reading otherwise you can't do squat!"

I couldnt agree more. Sub zero is low tier and to play him you have to be very smart with prediction and space and pressure. Loogie plays him exceptionally well as for noob I hate that matchup he dose have moves to counter Lao but it dose come down to the player in the end I annihilate most sub zero players loogie gives me a hard time a noob Lao will just get punished all the time. A lot is unsafe with him its about being fast and smart and his combos are very hard execution.

15 Re: Kung Lao on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:56 am

Loogie

Going wild
ZtrideRz wrote:"and about Sub and Noob they are easy to pick up but have a big fucking list of bad matchups ... try beating an expert lao with sub or noob. can you? to beat laos with these chars, or raidens, all whoever the fuck is the bad matchup you need matchup knowledge and game reading otherwise you can't do squat!"

I couldnt agree more. Sub zero is low tier and to play him you have to be very smart with prediction and space and pressure. Loogie plays him exceptionally well as for noob I hate that matchup he dose have moves to counter Lao but it dose come down to the player in the end I annihilate most sub zero players loogie gives me a hard time a noob Lao will just get punished all the time. A lot is unsafe with him its about being fast and smart and his combos are very hard execution.

the trick is my friend, to dash forward when lao teleports ... i escape pressure and reset the situation, so its a guessing game again. you move i counter, or i move you counter :) sub has a shitty uppercut and the 22 will not come out with the online lag sometimes to counter the teleport
previously and vs other laos, i used to be stationary most of the time and try to punish the teleport while duck blocking or stand blocking trying to guess what is he gonna come out with from the teleport (FK, FP, BP) but it never works. Sub just sits there and accepts the pressure, and vs lao you are toast if you allow him to get in. Clone doesnt work upclose and divekick to the face beats clone if Sub is trying to get out of the situation.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum