» Hii
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dealing with upclose NDCs

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dealing with upclose NDCs on Thu May 31, 2012 6:20 am

Loogie

Going wild
Useful info on how to fight against Kabal, this is only for upclose as his zoning game is still badass!

this was posted on TYM front page. Enjoy.

Right since you guys still arent getting it I'll explain it to you.

NDC is a move that is supposed to happen when the opponent respects Kabals options to do a low or an overhead at the end of any blockstring.

E.g A Kabal player that does F32 NDC F32 is no different than a Mileena player doing 4 2, 4 2 as blockstrings. Or a Cage player doing 11 11. It happens when you respect that the opponent can extend their blockstring, but they deliberately shorten it so that they can repeat it again.

What to understand

Moves you MUST respect:

- 111 NDC, this leaves Kabal at +8 and grants him either a free F4, throw, F3 or B1, just block or armour
- 2NDC, this leaves Kabal at +10, so its any of the above again

Moves you dont need to respect if you have a 10frame or faster starter (preferably mid hitting but doesnt matter too much):

- F32 NDC & B12 NDC, leaves Kabal at +2 and B1 NDC/11B4NDC/21 NDC leaving him at +1 BUT if you want to interupt him here just mash your fastest launcher, if it is high hitting it will force Kabal to poke or eat a combo. If it is mid hitting he has no choice other than to poke. Once you force him to poke you then have the option to jump over him or block his poke for a counter set up.

Moves Kabal has to commit to something on:

F4 NDC (-5) This is a terrible idea for the Kabal player to do because if they cancel and attempt another normal they will get comboed, so here they either have to commit to the dash, or end in a 50/50. Most Kabal players are scared to commit to the dash, but if they do it wont hurt to get hit by it a couple times because he can only get about 25% off of it. Whereas if you block it you get max damage, which is big for characters like Rain, Cyrax, Sektor, Sonya etc.

IF THE KABAL PLAYER DOES F4 OR 21 WITHOUT A 50/50 OR A COMMITTED DASH THEIR PRESSURE GAME IS OVER

So basically just mash out them NDCs

Other things to note:

B1~2 can be armoured out of or teleported out of (Raiden)
111 against crouch block is full combo punished when interupted

2 Re: Dealing with upclose NDCs on Thu May 31, 2012 9:40 am

Shadow

Wild Ape
I saw this topic when it was created a few days ago.

Some things I don't really agree with...

• Mashing during a NDC is silly, if the Kabal player has good hit confirm, you will get caught, spun, combo'd.

• Scared to commit to the dash? I partly agree. But that's also like saying, Sub-Zero players are scared to throw ice ball up close, how many of you let go of block during NDC pressure? A lot of the time, Kabal will get punished if he commits.

I agree that people don't know how to deal with NDC pressure, when to poke out etc. Even I don't. Hard to learn online though, everything is so random, one time you could poke out of it, the next you can't.

It was f0xy Grampa who created the topic right? Let's see how he deals with Kabal against REO at EVO.

3 Re: Dealing with upclose NDCs on Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 am

Dictator

Wild Ape
Shadow wrote:I saw this topic when it was created a few days ago.

Some things I don't really agree with...

• Mashing during a NDC is silly, if the Kabal player has good hit confirm, you will get caught, spun, combo'd.

• Scared to commit to the dash? I partly agree. But that's also like saying, Sub-Zero players are scared to throw ice ball up close, how many of you let go of block during NDC pressure? A lot of the time, Kabal will get punished if he commits.

I agree that people don't know how to deal with NDC pressure, when to poke out etc. Even I don't. Hard to learn online though, everything is so random, one time you could poke out of it, the next you can't.

It was f0xy Grampa who created the topic right? Let's see how he deals with Kabal against REO at EVO.
i always poke when i see the ndc end,worst case scenario i get poked,best case scenario i get spun,that way the mindgames start and the stakes go up depending on the char.

i have a tactic in mind.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum