by Vjeekes Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 am

» Starting up the forum | Covering Sub Zero
by llabslb Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm

» Hey!
by c0ki Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:36 pm

» Hii
by Vjeekes Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Starting to think my execution just isn't good enough...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shadow

Wild Ape
To use Kabal. I drop too much stuff, it costs me the match sometimes. I'm in training trying to do combos I know I can do, but they just aren't coming out. I can't get it consistent where I can do it 9/10 times. I've been using Kabal since about July last year and I'm still not consistent with him? Maybe I need a new character.

SUOMIPOIKA

Going wild
It wouldn't hurt to try other characters. I picked Ermac recently and do almost as good as with Kabal. I actually enjoy playing Ermac a lot more than Kabal, even though i have been using Kabal for almost a year.

Shadow

Wild Ape
SUOMIPOIKA wrote:It wouldn't hurt to try other characters. I picked Ermac recently and do almost as good as with Kabal. I actually enjoy playing Ermac a lot more than Kabal, even though i have been using Kabal for almost a year.

I can use quite a few characters; Ermac, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Rain, Smoke, Kung Lao.

A while ago started focus on just Kabal, I improved a lot with him. But now I just can't get consistent execution.

what often happens is you overplay, remember yesterday when we played? i did ok. now can you remember last night in KoTH with wolfy? i couldn't play at all so i just gave up.

Dictator

Wild Ape
which got me thinking i should pick up kabal,his strings are easily some of the best in the game

Loogie

Going wild
feels like Kabal players are always in a rush ... i think some patience would help. also, not all matches should be played by iAGBs. that's what i see most Kabals are doing.
happened alot with me, i think with SUOMI last time. Noob's in the corner, he droppped something, i got out. won the round, match was over. got lucky there, yeah he is just too execution heavy, and remember some of his pressure could be poked out by certain charts when there are gaps between his NDCs. you cannot pull off the pressure/chip damage thing on all chars.

its good to have 3 chars, that you are really good with and cover your bad matchups.

on another note, and i do agree with some of the TYM members, Kabal finals with REO are getting boring. wherever he goes with Kabal he wins it, and the matches all look the same. no HYPE nothing, no excitement. he took the fun out of the competitive scene. why the fuck doesnt he just go and try and win with a character that has at least one bad matchup unlike Kabal who goes 6-4 with most of the roster, and 5-5 with few only maybe.

Dictator

Wild Ape
loogie wrote:feels like Kabal players are always in a rush ... i think some patience would help. also, not all matches should be played by iAGBs. that's what i see most Kabals are doing.
happened alot with me, i think with SUOMI last time. Noob's in the corner, he droppped something, i got out. won the round, match was over. got lucky there, yeah he is just too execution heavy, and remember some of his pressure could be poked out by certain charts when there are gaps between his NDCs. you cannot pull off the pressure/chip damage thing on all chars.

its good to have 3 chars, that you are really good with and cover your bad matchups.

on another note, and i do agree with some of the TYM members, Kabal finals with REO are getting boring. wherever he goes with Kabal he wins it, and the matches all look the same. no HYPE nothing, no excitement. he took the fun out of the competitive scene. why the fuck doesnt he just go and try and win with a character that has at least one bad matchup unlike Kabal who goes 6-4 with most of the roster, and 5-5 with few only maybe.

To be fair it's like saying you should drop your fav character because he's become boring to watch.

Shadow

Wild Ape
loogie wrote:feels like Kabal players are always in a rush ... i think some patience would help. also, not all matches should be played by iAGBs. that's what i see most Kabals are doing.

Using iAGB isn't about winning matches, it's about building meter, keeping your opponent out etc.

Kabal boring? Completely disagree, I love watching Kabal play, (maybe because I play him myself?) he looks so much faster when you're watching rather than playing. Why should REO switch? If he's that good with Kabal, why choose someone else? Without REO, I don't think Kabal would get as much attention as he has, maybe that would have been a good thing?

I hate this Kabal bandwagon, first PL tried using him (and failed) then Detroit, I'm sure a lot of others are too. The first phase was Kung Lao, PL, Wong, Brady. Then it was Raiden, PL, Wong, Brady. I think people focus too much on tiers. To me, tiers don't mean a lot, example: Goldfishkeeper beat Justin Wong with Jade, knocking him out of tournament. GGA Jeremiah beat a lot of people with Sheeva at Final Round. I believe that any character can do well.

Dictator

Wild Ape
Shadow wrote:

Using iAGB isn't about winning matches, it's about building meter, keeping your opponent out etc.

Kabal boring? Completely disagree, I love watching Kabal play, (maybe because I play him myself?) he looks so much faster when you're watching rather than playing. Why should REO switch? If he's that good with Kabal, why choose someone else? Without REO, I don't think Kabal would get as much attention as he has, maybe that would have been a good thing?

I hate this Kabal bandwagon, first PL tried using him (and failed) then Detroit, I'm sure a lot of others are too. The first phase was Kung Lao, PL, Wong, Brady. Then it was Raiden, PL, Wong, Brady. I think people focus too much on tiers. To me, tiers don't mean a lot, example: Goldfishkeeper beat Justin Wong with Jade, knocking him out of tournament. GGA Jeremiah beat a lot of people with Sheeva at Final Round. I believe that any character can do well.

Wong was the first raiden i believe.

its not because of REO,theres always gonna be a bandwagon about the best fighter in the game,always has and always will be in every single FG

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum